Beginning June 2016, Fort Lee High School will be using a injury tracking software program called SportsWareOnLine.
All PARENTS/GUARDIANS must open an account on the SportsWareOnLine website. On this website, you will be asked to enter information and sign off on various consent and acknowledgement forms. This must be completed prior to the start of the athletic season.
Directions on how to join SportsWareOnLine can be found on the link titled, "SWOL Introduction Letter to Parents" found on this website.
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING PREPARTICIPATION PHYSICAL EXAMS
The Scholastic Student-Athlete Safety Act (SS-ASA) (N.J.S.A. 18A:40-41.7) requires that:
1. The Student-Athlete Cardiac Assessment professional development module (PD module) be completed by the physician, advanced practice nurse (APN), or physician assistant (PA) who performs a student-athlete's annual physical examination prior to the student's participation on a school-sponsored interscholastic or intramural athletic team or squad in grades six through 12.
2. Upon performing a physical examination, the physician, APN, or PA shall sign the certification statement on the Preparticipation Physical Evaluation (PPE) form attesting to the completion of the PD module. This certification can be found on page four of the PPE form.
Further information can be found using the following link:
**ATTENTION SPRING SPORTS ATHLETES 2017**
If you would like to participate in a spring sport, please hand in the following paperwork to the nurse before the first official day of practice:
1. Preparticipation Physical Evaluation Forms - If the student-athlete does not have a valid physical on file (within 365 days), he/she must submit the Preparticipation Physical Evaluation Forms. Please read the information regarding the Scholastic Student-Athlete Safety Act on this page before seeing your physician for a preparticipation physical evaluation.
2. Health History Update Questionnaire - If the student-athlete has a valid physical on file (within 365 days), he/she must submit a Health History Update Questionnaire.
3. Asthma/Food Allergy Forms - ONLY student-athletes with asthma and/or food allergies must submit these forms. All pages must be filled out properly and signed by the parent/guardian and doctor where indicated, and notarized where needed. These forms only need to be submitted once every school year.
4. Random Drug Testing Form - Form must be signed by student-athlete and parent/guardian.
*All appropriate forms must be submitted to the school nurse in order to participate in a spring sport.
Athletes must report any injury to the coach, athletic trainer, or school nurse.
If an athlete sees a doctor for an injury, the athlete must provide written documentation clearing the athlete to return to school and sport activity. This documentation must be handed in to the athletic trainer or school nurse upon the studentís return to school. The Student Medical Report can be picked up in the athletic training room or nurseís office.
**VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION** Information regarding the new guidelines for the Student-Athlete Cardiac Assessment Professional Development Module that is required to be completed by the physician, advanced practice nurse (APN), or physician assistant (PA) who performs a student-athlete's annual physical examination. We cannot accept a Sport Physical Packet from a health professional who did not complete the Student-Athlete Cardiac Assessment Professional Development Module.
The Health History Update Questionnaire must be completed prior to an athletic season ONLY if the student-athlete has a valid physical (within 365 days), and is not handing in a new Sport Physical Packet. If you are handing in a Sport Physical Packet, you DO NOT have to hand in a Health History Update Questionnaire. The form must be filled out completely and signed by a parent/guardian. Please hand in the Health History Update Questionnaire to the school nurse.
The Sport Physical Packet includes the Preparticipation Physical Evaluation Forms, Asthma and Food Allergy Forms, and the Random Drug Testing Form. There is also a checklist at the end of the packet to make sure all the necessary forms are being properly completed. Please hand in the Sport Physical Packet to the school nurse.
Directions for parents to join SportsWareOnLine.